OsmoSGSN (also spelled osmo-sgsn when referring to the program name) is a Free Software implementation of the GPRS Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN). As such it implements the GPRS Mobility Management (GMM) and SM (Session Management).
OsmoSGSN is part of the openbsc git repository. In order to build it, you will need a libgtp installation from the OpenGGSN project.
Setup / Configuration
For more information regarding the setup + configuration, refer to OpenBSC_GPRS
- use the OsmoNITB HLR to identify (and possibly authenticate) subscribers
- secondary PDP contexts
- persistent storage of GMM and SM state
- recovery from GGSN outages
- SNDCP header and data compression
- use proper XID exchange and actually use the results to configure the LLC SAPIs
- GEA3 encryption
- SMS delivery via GPRS
- network-initiated PDP context activation