The HFC-E1 is an E1 controller chipset for PCI bus, produced by CologneChip?.
There are a number of cards using this chipset, among others
- HFC-E1 Datasheet (http://www.colognechip.com/hfc-e1.pdf)
- The HFC-E1 Evaluation Board of ChipCologne? (http://www.colognechip.com)
- Beronet BN1E1 Card (http://www.beronet.com/downloads/whitepapers/BNXE1.pdf)
- Junghanns.NET SingleE1 card (http://www.junghanns.net/en/singleE1_produkt.html)
CologneChip? offers a HFC-E1 Evaluation Board, which is used by our project. Other HFC-E1 cards should theoretically work, too - although this has not been tested. The card has to support 120Ohms NT mode.
We set the Jumper and termination configuration as follows:
- 120 Ohms Termination
- 1: off
- 2: on
- NT Mode Config A (Pin1/2: Rx, Pin 4/5: Tx)
- All JP6 and JP1 jumpers between pins 1 and 2 (left)