|Version 14 (modified by kenny, 4 years ago)|
The Hirschmann plug used for the power connection is called Hirschmann Leitungsdose CA 4 LD 09 ZS and has the product number 932 362-100. The BS-11 includes one such plug, so unless you loose it, damage it or want multiple power cables, there is no need in obtaining this plug separately.
The pin-out is as follows:
- GND: your shealding/earth line (PE), German:yellow/green wire
- 1: phase (L), German: Brown wire
- 2: not connected
- 3: neutral (N), German: Blue wire
E1 Hardware interface
We are using a 120 Ohms balanced connection between the BS11 and a HFC-E1 card. To configure the BS11 hardware correctly, you need to
- open the connection between pin 2 and 3 of the 4 jumpers below connector J01
Cable to RJ45
The E1 interface[s] of the BS-11 are on some strange BNC-related twinax plugs called "BR2" (Radiall product # 605006000), you can find the PDF data sheet of the connectors at Radiall. There are four such plugs included in the BS-11 package. If you need more, you can buy them online from this link (which for Germany results in a hyperlink to this page of the Farnell webshop where they cost EUR 16.51 each).
- left Y01 PCM in (from BSC): RJ45 pin 4,5
- Y02 PCM out (to BSC): RJ45 pin 1,2
- Y03 PCM left open
- Y04 PCM left open
the polarity of the two wires (4,5) or (1,2) inside one twinax plug does not matter, as the signals are symmetric anyway.
Configuration of BTSM Object
If you're using bs11_config, then the configuration is compiled-in (thus automatically correct) and you can only change it by changing the source code.
If you're using LMT, you have to use the following settings for the BTSM object:
- Start LMT Release 04.21(!) and make sure the cable is connected.
- Set the serial port to the port you connected your serial console cable to
- Logon as Administrator (Password is "admin")
- The factory configuration will not have any software installed (Phase will show Software required)
- Select Software->Download SM Safety Load to load BTSBMC76.SWI from the HS010876 directory
- After the download completes the BTS will restart and enter Phase Wait Min Config
- Create an Object "LI", "GPSU", "ALCO", "CCLK", "BBSIG 0", with the default config
- Create an Object "PA 0" with the following config: "GSM 0,03W(M3)" This point is important to reduce the antenna power output!
- You will need a special password to activate "BBSIG 1" and "PA 1" Configuration is analog to Channel 0
- Create Object "EnvaBTSE 0" up to "EnvaBTSE 3" with the default options
- As soon as all configuration options are set up the BTS will enter the Maintenance phase and you will be able to load the main firmware
- Select "Download SM" in and select the file HS011106.SWL from the HS011106 directory
- Grab a coffee and occupy yourself for about 45mins
- In BTSM Object set Timeslot no. to 1, Subslot no. to 64kbit/s signalling and TEI to 25
(128.1 KB) - added by laforge
5 years ago.
BS11 power supply plug
(149.1 KB) - added by laforge
5 years ago.
BS11 fully connected with PCM, power, antenna
(376.2 KB) - added by laforge
4 years ago.
Power and LMT cable attached to BS-11
(362.1 KB) - added by laforge
4 years ago.
E1 + serial connection board, still covered